Growth Package: the new Child Benefit in Flanders
What is the Growth Package?
The Growth Package is the collective name for various benefits and allowances for your child:
- Starting amount, the former maternity allowance: one-off benefit of [custom:vl_starting amount] euros for each child that is born in Flanders.
- Basic amount: A fixed monthly amount. The amount depends on the date of birth and the family situation.
- Participation allowances: collective name for the Childcare Allowance, Toddler Allowance and School Allowance
- Social allowances: additional monthly allowance for low-income families.
- School bonus: annual allowance in August for each child.
- Care allowances: monthly allowances adapted to the situation of your child. This may concern the orphan's allowance, allowance for children with a disability or a foster care allowance.
Apply to KidsLife for the Growth Package?
Good idea! KidsLife ensures that you receive the maximum to which you are entitled. Apply today and receive your Grow Package from KidsLife.
Discover to what you are entitled!
Would you like to calculate how much Growth Package you are going to receive each month? Then use our handy online tool
Everything you need to know about the Growth Package in Flanders
Follow up my Growth Package via My KidsLife
Currently receiving Growth Package from KidsLife? Then you can view and manage your file completely online via My KidsLife. The secure My KidsLife environment collects all the information about your situation.
Payment of the Growth Package
You will always receive the basic amount, supplemented with any healthcare allowances and social allowances, on the 8th of the month at the latest.
You will receive the Starting Amount and the various participation allowances in the meantime.
Growth Package amounts
The monthly basic amount is [custom:vl_basic amount] euros for each child born from 01/01/2019. In most situations, children born before 2019 will continue to receive the same monthly amount as before. Here the youngest child receives [custom:vl_basic amount_r1] euros, the 2nd youngest child [custom:vl_basic amount_r2] Euro and the oldest children [custom:vl_basic amount_r3] euros.
You may also be entitled to additional allowances. You can find all the different options here.
Why choose KidsLife?
Our customers give us a 4 out of 5 rating
Each month, we provide prompt and accurate payment to more than 400,000 children throughout Belgium
Our local KidsLife advisers are readily accessible and may be contacted by telephone during the afternoon. Your personal file is also available online via My KidsLife 24 hours a day.
Are you in a specific situation? Or is there a change in the family situation? This may affect your Growth Package. View the different situations here.
Different situations in your family
- I recently moved to Belgium
- I am going to be a foster parent
- My income has fallen
- Divorce & Co-Parenting
- Living and/or working abroad
Specific situations for your child
Frequently asked questions
The maximum age for Child Benefit and Growth Package entitlement is 25 years. From the age of 18 upwards, you must satisfy certain criteria in order to retain your Child Benefit and Growth Package entitlement. No regular or automatic substitute applies once your entitlement to Child Benefit has ceased. If your child was entitled to a Care Allowance due to a specific support requirement, then they may be entitled to a Disability Allowance once their Child Benefit entitlement has ceased. Please note that this is not an automatic entitlement. It must be requested and the application subsequently investigated.
- Contact form: this instantly provides us with all your personal information and enables us to respond swiftly to your enquiry.
- By phone: our KidsLife advisers are happy to help you over the phone. Please have your National Register number to hand, to enable us to provide prompt assistance.
- My KidsLife: your online Child Benefit and Growth Package file is available 24/7. Want to report a change in your circumstances or download a certificate? You can do all this and more in your My KidsLife online file.
- Your local KidsLife office: regardless where you live, you’ll always find a KidsLife office nearby. Locate an office near you here. In many cases, we can help you without necessitating a visit to our offices.
And you can obviously refer to the answers in this extensive list of frequently asked questions from our customers.
Yes! Online applications are completely secure. The details of your online application are not accessible to others. Following submission, even the applicant no longer has access to the completed fields. As soon as you’ve completed your application, KidsLife will set straight to work. We process the data as specified in our Privacy statement. Got any questions about your data? Or want to change it? Then please contact your KidsLife adviser.
Do you wish to get the most out of your Growth Package? Choose KidsLife to pay out your benefit.
We make sure you will not miss out on any benefits.