My situation

Birth, adoption, graduation... We are always happy to provide you with useful information & inspiration for you and your child. That way, key moments become the most memorable ones. What is your current situation?

I want to become pregnant

The decision has been made and you're planning to start a family. Or add another child to your family. Regardless your situation, you can’t wait to welcome that little bundle of joy. And now that you’ve set your mind on it, it can’t happen quickly enough. Time to start planning for your baby! 

I want to become pregnant

I'm pregnant

You’re pregnant! Congratulations! KidsLife is happy to assist you throughout your journey, right from the very onset of your pregnancy. And our handy tips will ensure that you don’t miss out on any benefits during ‘Project Baby.’

I'm pregnant

My baby has been born

Congratulations on the birth of your little one! Enjoy those first precious moments. You will probably have quite a lot of tasks on your to-do list, such as sending out birth announcements, etc. We’ve prepared a handy checklist to prevent you from forgetting anything or missing out on any benefits.

My baby has been born


New to Belgium

Welcome to Belgium! You probably have a mountain of tasks on your to-do list. KidsLife will help you to obtain all the benefits to which your child is entitled.

New to Belgium: what am I entitled to?


I want to adopt

Adopting a child is a major commitment. Parents in Flanders who welcome an adopted child into their family from 1/1/2019 are entitled to a starting amount. This supplementary allowance is the same as the starting amount for newborns. 

I want to adopt a child

Starting childcare

If your child attends a Dutch-language childcare facility in Flanders or Brussels-Capital, and you do not pay based on your income, then you are entitled to a childcare allowance.

Starting in Childcare

Starting pre-school

All 3-year-old children who are enrolled in Dutch-language education, and children of 4 years who remain enrolled and attend school frequently enough, receive an allowance: the toddler allowance. 

Starting pré-school

My child is going to school

In certain cases, children who attend a nursery, primary or secondary school are entitled to the School allowance. This allowance is also called selective participation allowance and is intended for lower-income families. KidsLife makes it easy for you by automatically paying the School Allowance at the end of the year.

School Allowance

I’m moving home

Moving home? To another region within Belgium? Or to another country? View how your house move impacts your Child Benefit and Growth Package payments here. 

I’m moving home: how will this affect my Child Benefit

Age of majority: what you need to arrange in the various scenarios.

How do these various scenarios affect your Child Benefit? How long will you retain your Growth Package or Child Benefit entitlement? We list all the potential scenarios for those with children who have reached the age of majority below!

Age of majority: all situations

My income has decreased

Working part-time, unemployed or currently on sick leave? These all have an impact on your family budget. Fortunately, in some situations, a number of other financial benefits can offset your loss. KidsLife ensures that you don’t miss out on any benefits.

What am I entitled to?

My child has graduated

Is your son or daughter no longer in education? Then they are classed as school-leavers for Child Benefit and the Growth Package. When they stop studying, graduate or start a first job, they may still be entitled to Child Benefit and the Growth Package.

My child has graduated

Divorce and co-parenting

When parents separate, it often entails major emotional and practical changes for the parents and children involved. A divorce can also affect your Child Benefit payments. What arrangements do you need to make? Who will receive the Child Benefit payments going forward? Will you receive an additional supplement in your capacity as a single mother or father?


My child is going abroad

Is your child keen to spread their wings? Are they planning to spend a year studying abroad? Or to spend their summer holidays with family overseas? In the majority of cases, you will still be entitled to the Growth Package or Child Benefit.

My child is going abroad

I’m a foster parent

As a foster parent, you are responsible for the care and costs associated with raising your foster child. You will therefore receive the full basic amount, potentially supplemented with care and social allowances for your foster child. 

I'm a foster parent

My child needs extra care

Does your child have a long-term illness or does he or she need professional care because of a condition, impairment or disability? Then you might be entitled to one of several benefit schemes.

See all benefits

Living or working abroad

Live in Belgium and work abroad? Or live abroad and work in Belgium? Recently moved to Belgium and want to apply for Child Benefit or the Growth Package for the first time? KidsLife is happy to provide the necessary support and assistance! We illustrate the various scenarios below and explain exactly what you need to do, to avoid missing out on any of the benefits to which you’re entitled!

Child benefits: all scenarios

I am a host family for Ukrainian refugees

Ukrainian families may be entitled to the Growth Package and Child Benefits. What documents do they have to present? Does it have an impact on your own child benefits if you are hosting a Ukrainian family? We are happy to explain it all to you.

Read more

Unable to find what you were looking for?

Contact Us