My child has stopped studying

Is your son or daughter no longer attending school? Then please notify your child benefit payment fund as soon as possible. If your child no longer satisfies the award conditions for a “student”, you may still be entitled to a “school leaver” family allowance for a period of 12 months.
Your son or daughter may subsequently be entitled to child benefit during their FOREM award period.

My child has graduated

However, child benefit entitlement does not apply during the award period if:

  • The child's employment income, replacement income or both are higher than the maximum permissible amount. (Living wages paid by the OCMW are not taken into account).
  • The child reaches the age of 25 during the award period

If a child is not registered as a job seeker, the child benefit entitlement terminates at the end of the month in which the child's last school day takes place, or at the end of the summer holiday in the event that the child stops their study at the end of the school year.

Children who register as a job seeker are entitled to child benefit again from the first day of the month following the month in which their registration takes place.

Would you like more information on this subject? Contact KidsLife! We are here to help you.

Contact us