Frequently Asked Questions

  • Child Benefits

    What happens to your Child Benefit if your child no longer lives at home?

    Once children marry, have children of their own, become emancipated or start living alone as a 16+ year old, they will receive their Child Benefit and Growth Package payments themselves. In the aforementioned circumstances, children can opt to have these payments made to someone else. Please contact your KidsLife advisor to discuss the various options.  

  • Child Benefits

    What arrangements must I make in terms of Child Benefit if I move house?

    Moving house is a major event. KidsLife makes things easy. Simply change your address via your municipality’s registration service and we'll take care of the rest.
    Moving abroad? Please let us know.

  • Child Benefits

    What is the maximum age for Child Benefit entitlement?

    The maximum Growth Package and Child Benefit entitlement is up to and including the month of your 25th birthday. The final payment will therefore take place at the beginning of the month following your 25th birthday. Please note that from the age of 18 upwards you must satisfy a number of criteria in order to retain your Child Benefit entitlement.

  • Child Benefits

    In which situations are grandparents entitled to Child Benefit?

    Grandparents can receive Child Benefit for their grandchildren if they are registered at their address. This is on the condition that the parents are not registered at this same address.

  • Child Benefits

    Are online Growth Package, Child Benefit or Maternity Allowance applications secure?

    Yes! Online applications are completely secure. The details of your online application are not accessible to others. Following submission, even the applicant no longer has access to the completed fields.  As soon as you’ve completed your application, KidsLife will set straight to work. We process the data as specified in our Privacy statement. Got any questions about your data? Or want to change it? Then please contact your KidsLife adviser.

  • Child Benefits

    How can I change the bank account number to which my Child Benefit is paid?

    KidsLife customers can readily change the bank account number to which their Child Benefit and Growth Package are deposited on their myKidsLife online Child Benefit file.
    You can also submit your new bank account number in writing! The document for submitting a new bank account number in writing is available here
    Prefer to submit your bank account number in another way? Then please contact your KidsLife adviser directly.

  • Child Benefits

    What is Child Benefit in Belgium?

    Child Benefit in Belgium is composed of different premiums and allowances that you receive from the KidsLife Child Benefit Fund while raising your family. Aren't you receiving Child Benefit in Belgium yet? Our KidsLife adviser, Pierre, will help you get started in this video! Watch it here. 

  • Child Benefits

    How can I get Child Benefit in Belgium?

    Do you live or work in Belgium? Then you may be entitled to Child Benefit. The KidsLife Child Benefit Fund examines your entitlement to Child Benefit and then ensures you receive it on time every month. Our KidsLife adviser, Pierre, explains in this video how you can obtain Child Benefit in Belgium.

  • Child Benefits

    My children don’t live in Belgium. Am I entitled to Belgian Child Benefit?

    You might still be entitled to Belgian Child Benefit, even if your family doesn’t live in Belgium. The KidsLife Child Benefit Fund will examine your entitlement following your application. Our KidsLife adviser, Pierre, is happy to explain how the rules for Belgian Child Benefit work in this video. Watch it here!

  • Child Benefits

    What are Participation Allowances?

    The Participation Allowances form part of the Growth Package, the new Child Benefit in Flanders. Your child may be entitled to these allowances if they satisfy certain criteria:

    Childcare Allowance: Those using Dutch-language childcare in Flanders or Brussels are entitled to a Childcare Allowance of 3.29 euros per child, per day of childcare.

    Toddler Allowance: 3-year-old children who are enrolled in Dutch-language education, and 4-year-old children who remain enrolled and attend school frequently enough, receive an additional 135.25 euros per year.

    Study Allowance: This supplementary allowance provides support to low-income families with school-aged children in Dutch-language education. The Study Allowance replaces the Education Allowance for children up to and including secondary education.

    Become a customer