Old Child Benefit in Brussels
Read here about the old Child Benefit scheme in Brussels
Basic Child Benefit amount before 2020
The basic Child Benefit amount is the monthly payment that you receive around the 8th of each month. Orphans with one or both parents deceased also receive the monthly orphan’s allowance.
The basic amount depends on the child’s birth rank. The amount increases incrementally from the first to the third child. The same amount is paid for every subsequent child following the third.
In addition to the basic amount, you also receive a monthly age supplement. As the name suggests, this supplement depends on the age of your children.
You do not yet receive Child Benefit from KidsLife? Then apply here for the Child Benefit
Social Allowance in Brussels before 2020
The Social Allowance is a supplementary allowance for low-income families that find themselves in a specific situation.
Until 31/12/2019 you were entitled to this social allowance if your yearly income was less than 34.603,94
The second condition to qualify for this allowance was that you needed to be in one of the following situations:
- You are a single parent with children.
- You or your partner are long-term unemployed or retired
- You or your partner are long-term sick or disabled.
Other supplementary Child Benefit allowances
In Brussels, orphans or children with a disability may be entitled to supplementary Child Benefit. The new Child Benefit scheme from 2020 has broadly incorporated these allowances with a number of minor amendments.
Orphan’s allowance: Children with at least one deceased parent are entitled to a fixed orphan’s allowance of 422,75 euros
Allowance for children with a disability: This is a monthly supplementary allowance in addition to the basic amount for children with a specific disability or illness. This monthly allowance can be awarded up until the age of 21. The allowance amount varies according to the number of points the child scores on the medical-social scale. It is intended to help parents cope with the financial consequences of their child’s support needs.
New Child Benefit legislation in Brussels
In Brussels, Child Benefit has undergone a major reform since 01/01/2020. In Brussels, too, KidsLife remains the Child Benefit fund that ensures correct and punctual payment! Curious to know what has changed to your Child Benefit?
Frequently asked questions
The maximum age for Child Benefit and Growth Package entitlement is 25 years. From the age of 18 upwards, you must satisfy certain criteria in order to retain your Child Benefit and Growth Package entitlement. No regular or automatic substitute applies once your entitlement to Child Benefit has ceased. If your child was entitled to a Care Allowance due to a specific support requirement, then they may be entitled to a Disability Allowance once their Child Benefit entitlement has ceased. Please note that this is not an automatic entitlement. It must be requested and the application subsequently investigated.
- Contact form: this instantly provides us with all your personal information and enables us to respond swiftly to your enquiry.
- By phone: our KidsLife advisers are happy to help you over the phone. Please have your National Register number to hand, to enable us to provide prompt assistance.
- My KidsLife: your online Child Benefit and Growth Package file is available 24/7. Want to report a change in your circumstances or download a certificate? You can do all this and more in your My KidsLife online file.
- Your local KidsLife office: regardless where you live, you’ll always find a KidsLife office nearby. Locate an office near you here. In many cases, we can help you without necessitating a visit to our offices.
And you can obviously refer to the answers in this extensive list of frequently asked questions from our customers.
Yes! Online applications are completely secure. The details of your online application are not accessible to others. Following submission, even the applicant no longer has access to the completed fields. As soon as you’ve completed your application, KidsLife will set straight to work. We process the data as specified in our Privacy statement. Got any questions about your data? Or want to change it? Then please contact your KidsLife adviser.