My child has stopped studying

Your son or daughter must register as a job-seeking school leaver upon graduation in order to retain their child benefit entitlement.  

The child may subsequently be entitled to child benefit during their ACTIRIS award period. 

My child has graduated

However, child benefit entitlement does not apply during the award period if: 

  • The child's employment income, replacement income or both are higher than the maximum permissible amount. (Living wages awarded by the OCMW are not taken into account);
  • The child reaches the age of 25 during the award period 

If a child is not registered as a job seeker, the child benefit entitlement terminates at the end of the month in which the child's final school day takes place or at the end of the summer holiday in the event that the child stops studying at the end of the school year. 

Children who register as a job seeker are entitled to child benefit again from the first day of the month following the month in which their registration takes place. 

Do you have any questions? We are here to help you! Contact a KidsLife Adviser. 

Contact us